Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Packing Up

packing 1
packing 2

It's finally starting to really feel like this move is going to happen. Yesterday had me up high on a ladder taking down all those twinkle lights I put up back in January of 2011. As I worked my way around the room, unwrapping them and pulling the staples, it truly felt like I had just put them up. It was only the layers of dust and yellowing of my paper lanterns that showed how much time has passed in this space.

I haven't decided if fifteen months is a long or short time. It is definitely long enough to settle into and love a place. I know you all already know how much I L.O.V.E my studio, but the more I think on it, it isn't that walls and tables and chairs themselves I love. It is having a space that is wholely my own that I love. So, it was with a very eager heart, not a nostalgic or sad one, that I was filling boxes yesterday. I can't wait to set up the new studio and start falling in love with it. 

Soon, people. The move is happening soon.


new studio floors 1
As of April 2, the floors are finished. Just needs lights, sink, & paint.

new studio floors 2
This photo was taken by Chelsea Foehr of Delish Glass, my new next door neighbor. She sent it to me via Facebook so I could see the progress. She thought I was home sick. But nope, I was just down the hall. It was later in the day though then when I took my shots. So, you can see the finished floor better.


4 comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Kerry, I hear you! I just did that myself through February and March. Moving is never fun, and I refused ANY help moving my studio (except for the table, desk and chairs) because I had things "just so" and wanted to keep them that way.

Truly though, on the other side having a space all of your own that's even better than the space you were in is magical for the creative heart!

Best of luck and hope the move goes smoothly for you!
{Hugs!}
Dawn

mairedodd said...

hooray!

so excited for you -

TesoriTrovati said...

Fist pumps for you, Miss Kerry! You are on your way. I know that this will be such a beautiful space. And once you get those twinkle lights hung it will surely feel like home!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

belvedere beads said...

If you need help - just ask. I'll bring the champagne!