Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bead Cruise 2013

I can hardly believe I'm about to say this. Hang on to your hats, kids!! This is exciting!! Can you guess what it is by the post title?!?

I'm teaching at/on Bead Cruise 2013!!

YEE HAW!! I know, it's crazy right? It feels like I just got home from the trip yesterday!! Committing to a cruise is a big deal though, so planning starts early. In fact, one of my deadlines last week was to submit my class proposals to our fearless leader, Heather Powers. I really was so so excited, and honored, to be asked back. On March 3rd of next year, we'll be sailing out of New Orleans, Louisiana, for a 7 night adventure on the high seas, visiting Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica. The instructors are all AMAZING!! I can't wait to hang with me new teaching BFF, Tracy Stanley. I can't wait to give a big hug to our Mom away from home, Beverly Herman. Plus, I get to meet polymer guru, Ronna Sarvas Weltman, too!! Plus, not only is she our leader, but Heather will be an instructor as well. AWESOME!!

I'm rather eager to share the classes I'll be teaching. I've kept these kind of on the down low for a while, waiting for the release of Rustic Wrappings. But, the time for waiting is over! I told you in a video a few weeks ago that I really can't wait to share this with you and I am even more excited to be teaching these. So, here goes...

(new class #1... EEEKKKK!!)

True Colors: Cold-Worked Bezels & Colorful Camouflage

This is a class based on a wire embroidery technique I teach in my new book... with an added twist. Instead of using rustic patinas that take a little extra time to develop, we'll play around with adding fun embossed color patinas. This technique can translate into all sorts of components for jewelry be they pendants, links, or clasps. To read more about the class, pop over to the Bead Cruise Classes page. I soooo can.not.wait to teach this!! I'll be making my glass cabochons for students (though you could use any cabochon for the technique), and we'll be cutting metal, dapping washers, sewing with wire, and creating one of a kind finished pieces.

(new class #2... whoop whoop!)


Sweet Tweeter: Embroider A Flock

Does this little guy look familiar? You might be thinking of his brother shown on the cover project of Rustic Wrappings!!  As a little back story, I had an aha moment a couple of years ago while in the sewing section of the book store. I then spent months working on developing a technique for embroidering with wire before adding it to the new book. I'm good at keeping secrets, yes? I am so excited that I can finally put it all out there and I hope you'll join me for the fun that will be exploring the possibilities that this new technique has to offer. I can't not even begin to explain the peaceful feeling that washes over me when I work on wire embroidered projects. This is going to fantastic, I know it!! Again, all the details are over on the Bead Cruise Classes page.

Finally, I'll also be teaching a 3rd, optional, class. I'm bringing back Snaptastic for cruisers again! The seven students I had in class absolutely loved what they learned. (So much so, I really need to ask them to write some reviews for me!!) So, I decided I needed to give others a chance to get in on the experience. I taught this in a kind of lecture style way with lots of hands on stuff too. Being on the cruise gets you into the class for half the cost of the online ecourse too, which is a total bonus!

As a side note, I hope to be sharing lots more samples of the types of finished projects here on the blog. So, visit often to see the goodies as I finish them up!

Okay... so who is coming along this time?!? You have 11 months to save your pennies, treat yourself to the beading experience of a lifetime, and make some incredible memories while learning some really cool new techniques.

12 comments:

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

SO awesome!!! Congrats!

Amy F said...

Sounds so awesome! wish i could go - but I'm gonna get the book fo sho!

Rosanne said...

Of course I will be there! Wouldn't miss the cruise for the world. The classes are all fantastic and different. I'm keeping my choices a secret...lol! With so many great choices, its gonna be hard to make up my mind. So stinking excited!

Jo said...

That's fantastic news!

Tracy Stanley said...

Dancing my happy...happy party dance!

Tracy Stanley said...

Come join us for a really...really good time!

Shel said...

Congrats! Love the embroidered birdie - looks so sweet!! Have fun. It would be a blast to be able to do the bead cruise!

mairedodd said...

wonderful! what terrific offerings...

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's really exciting that you get to teach on Bead Cruise! Congratulations :)

TesoriTrovati said...

That is such great news, Miss Kerry! I have it on my sights this year. I am hoping the stars will align for me to be on it. I would dearly love to be trapped at sea with some of my favorite people! That wire embroidery looks so sweet! And I can't wait to see your new book. Can't wait! Enjoy the day.
Erin

Erin Siegel said...

Oh, I am so joining you this time. I'm all about the Bead Cruise 2013!

Serge said...

A visit towards Cayman and Jamaica? Now that would definitely be a cruise to remember! Hope you'll share about your experiences. Oh, and don't forget the pictures!