Thursday, April 09, 2009

Just Me

Photo Shoot With Kelli Marsh

I had a pretty amazing experience a few weeks ago and I have been chomping at the bit to share it with you. But, I needed to wait until everything was ready. Now that it is, I am so excited to show you...

Way back in November, I got it in my head that since I am a big time author now, I need proper head shots. I couldn't very well have a photo of me holding the camera at arms length from my face taking my own picture. I typed in "portrait photographer" into google and started my search for someone who was able to take a nice portrait. I didn't want a standard issue Sears photo center portrait, or a "glamor shots" thing. I knew I wanted something fun, and relaxed... artistic, and colorful.

I found just what I wanted in Kelli Marsh. You can view her portfolio on her website HERE and there are more images HERE on her blog. Ya know, I complain to my family all the time that I am constantly taking picture of them... couldn't someone take my picture once in a while without making me feel vain or making me look like and idiot? Really would it be so bad?

I was a nervous wreck during the first, oh I don't know, hour, lol. I was thinking to myself "this was stupid, I feel like an idiot, I'll have two chins and chubby cheeks... why did I think I needed to do this?" Kelli made this whole experience so great. We chatted like two girlfriends that have known each other for years. She helped me feel at ease and the pictures.... Oh they are awesome!!

The two on the blog here are my favorites. I don't know if it is the lightning bolt part in my hair or the twinkle lights in the back ground, but something about that top photo makes me feel like a rock star. Would you look at my lashes? *sigh*... such an awesome photo. The bottom one will be my "head shot". I love the expression and the light and the color of this one. I dare say there is even a twinkle in my eye.

Photo Shoot with Kelli Marsh

There are a few more shots in my Flickr Gallery. Check them out... and if you need a photographer for anything, ANYTHING... I am tellin' ya, you gotta get Kelli. She is the best.

11 comments:

Eileen said...

kerry...the pics are perfect...i love love love the b/w on your flickr...you have an elegant,natural beauty about you...

Amy said...

You are a rock star!

Kristen said...

I agree, rock star! Love the photo's! She did a great job!

Avril said...

My fave is the top one too. The lighting and colour saturation is so beautiful. Definitely rock star material!
-A
(And I just love the fairy lights in the background. Hmmm...how can I incorporate fairy lights into my studio... :D)

Ellen said...

What a find! I'm so glad that you found a great photographer and had such a good relationship - it shows.

kelli marsh said...

It was so much fun to watch you work your magic, you're a rock star for sure. Thank you for trusting me be a part of this project with you!

Holly said...

Beautiful pics! I love the top one, just cause it's so natural and just you in your element.

Crymson Flower said...

the pics look great! I never would have thought of professional pics but it's really a great idea and very professional!

Lara Lutrick said...

Love the pictures, very cute.

Cindy said...

Kerry
These pictures of you are so flattering...and yes there is a twinkle! You've got a great genuine smile. The colors are so vibrant too. Happy Easter!

Eve said...

wow! this is so professional. Keep it up and God bless.
=)