Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Important Announcement!

I am interrupting this blog with an important announcement!!

It is a little early to let you in on this secret, but I could use some guidance from you beading divas of the world. So here we go!!

A couple weeks ago, I was approached by a British publishing house about acting as the author/editor of a new book they are working on. That's right!! I am working on a second book!! Well, not quite yet. This project is still in the very early stages. I can't disclose any details, it is all tightly under wraps as this is a super wicked cool project. Were I to reveal this totally awesome new concept, everyone would be all over it wanting to get a piece of the action, lol. So mums the word, don't even try to get it out of me.

I am spending the next week pulling together the pitch for the book. It is a rather detailed task and I am asking you... my beading crew... if you could learn any beading technique under the sun, what would you want to learn and who would you want to learn it from? And not just as it relates to glass. I want to hear what is going on in the beading arts outside glass that you are fascinated by and the artists doing it.

Send me emails... or leave comments with links... I am eagerly waiting to see where your links lead me.

14 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Ooh! Ooh! I want to learn more about metalsmithing and wireworking and mixed media...I love learning from Susan Lenart Kazmer (B&BS last year) and I follow Deryn Mentock and Andrew Thornton and Heather Wynn and Stephanie Lee and Nina Bagley. To meet some of these people would be phenomenal. To learn from them would be out of this world. I would like to be able to make more of my own components, and do more work with resins, and create with wire and learn the secrets of patinas.
Cannot wait to learn more!
SO very happy for you.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Chain Mail and polymer jewelry - Becky Meverden

Photography and glass - Kim Neely

Polyclay focals - Donna Kato

PMC - Lora Hart & Stacey Peterson

Wire wrap - KAB ;-)

Cindy said...

So exciting, Kerry!! You're on to your next BIG adventure! Will give this some thought and get back to you!! :-)

Pretty Things said...

I've always wanted to be good at altered art jewelry, but have never found the time to play with it.

Melanie said...

Want more colored wire? You have seen some of my work and I am continuing to do sculpture in wire embroidery and art jewelry. I think colored wire adds another dimension to wire work and enamel on copper wire is a quality material that sometimes gets belittled as "craft" wire. See flickr link - http://www.flickr.com/photos/bendwire/sets/72157607086464525/

also blog entry for Fire and Ice -
http://bendwire.blogspot.com/2009/04/convergence-fire-and-ice-reversible.html

I know you like the colored wire, lets tell the world.

Melanie

Anonymous said...

wire coiling / design - KAB!
PMC - Kate MeKinnon, Hadar Jacobsen
fine silver fusing - Anne Mitchell
design/color - Connie Fox
wire elements - Connie Fox
mixed media for designs - Ellie Mac

sandi

Crymson Flower said...

I'd love to see more sculptural work in beads and wire. Iza's wire work is exceptional if you haven't seen it already http://www.izamalczyk.com/en/

I'm also very interested in combining different areas of beadwork, like seed beads and wire work. Sort of like you combine your lampwork w/ the wire work.

Congrats on this new opportunity!

RockerJewlz said...

Would love to watch Lezlie Blanger create ANY style of lampwork cupcake or poodle beads as well as watching Payton Jett make one of her lampwork owls and her awesome lampwork hearts.

Yvette said...

I'd like to learn about mixed media jewellery, glass with wire with textiles.....

belvedere beads said...

kerry, i took a few days to think about this and settled on any technique by Andrew Thornton.

Sharon said...

Hi Kerry, Congrats! I would love to learn wire techniques from Nina Bagley, how to make resin charms, and mixed media.

Eileen said...

i thought i posted here but maybe not...
i would love to learn...
wire wrap, jewelry design - KAB
using enamels - JCHerrel
off mandrel hearts - Geldard?

so many techniques i'd love to watch...i'm a hands-on/visual person, must have pictures, lots of pictures...

Jen Judd said...

Hi Kerry - How cool for you!!! I would like to know more about color--I love Margie Deeb's book, but I want some examples of stuff that looks crazy and not-quite-right color-wise versus stuff that looks crazy and fantastic with color! That's one of the things I love about design but would love some guidance "out of the box." Thanks!! Jen

Jo said...

Resins and enamelling on silver please! And Laura Sparling makes fantastic cupcake beads. They're even stocked in a Parisien patesserie!
The book sounds really exciting. As it's a UK publisher will there be UK suppliers listed too? It can be really frustrating looking at a US book and seeing all non-UK suppliers listed.