Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Apropos

inspiration wine

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
- Henry David Thoreau

I picked up this bottle of wine back in September when we went on a day trip for my Mom's birthday. It is from a tiny winery in Naples NY, called Imagine Moore Winery. Each bottle they make has a single word for the title with a quote on the bottle. I loved this wine when I tasted it, but hadn't paid very close attention to the quote. It was very apropos to the situation last night.

I finished the text for my book last night!! And I do feel like I am getting to "live the life I have imagined." I still have a lot of work left, but last night was a time to celebrate this small accomplishment. I still need to make a ton of finished pieces between now and next Wednesday (the day everything needs to be in the mail). So, I am not back to my regular blogging just yet, but I wanted to share the news and let you know where I am at.

And while I am at it, since I am writing way already... I'll keep blogging. And I'll let you in on a little secret, I have writing ADD, lol. I could have finished the text in half the time had someone taken my wireless access away. I would write a step or two... then surf... write another step... then surf. I think it might be a disease. LOL. And OMG... if I never see the words "wrapped loop" again in my life, it will be too soon. Along with surfing, I did some shopping too. I have some new goodies headed my way, and it isn't a new handbag or shoes, it is jewelry "stuff". Oh yeah, don't you worry... this book isn't cramping my creative urges and burning me out. It has me chomping at the bit to move on and make new things!! I got cool ideas stewing, people. Cool ideas.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations Kerry! That's great that you have that part completed. You've been working so hard! Don't worry about surfing... I do that too. In between each task during the day, I need a small time out to play! haha Keep up the great work, you'll be done with the rest in no time! :)

Christine B. said...

Woohoo! Congrats on getting the text done! I totally can't wait for the book to come out (bet you can't, either).

Jenn said...

Congrats, Kerry! I know what you mean by work...surf...work. Actually, I find that keeps my creative juices flowing. (At least, that's how I justify myself.)

Patty said...

Can't wait to see it, Kerry! Congratulations. :-)

pam ferrari said...

Thats a big load lifted! Enjoy the creative part the next few days. I can't wait to see the book. You sure did deserve a nice bottle of wine.

Eileen said...

good news kerry...keep moving in your direction...all will come together sooner than you think...

Cindy said...

WAY TO GO, Kerry!!! This is a major accomplishment and what a relief! Look how far you've come! Nothing like a glass of wine to celebrate (and Hot Fudge Sundae Cake).