Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Professional Procrastinator

I have already told you I am kind of freaking out about being ready for the art show coming up in a few weeks. And I have shown a couple of new pieces that will be coming along with me to the event. You would think that I would spend every moment I can get in the studio, right?


WRONG... yesterday I decided to rip the wallpaper down in my kitchen. Thus earning the title of Professional Procrastinator.

I love love love our new house, but hate the kitchen. The kitchen is the only thing I can't stand about the house. It isn't horrible, but it is very dated and needs more work (in my opinion) than any other area of the house. I plan to spend the few weeks between my art show and Thanksgiving doing a remodel of it. Countertops are getting replaced, cabinets are getting painted, and the back splash is getting tiled.


First thing though... that wallpaper. Little green butterflies. As I scored and sprayed and peeled it off, I thought about the day that a woman flipped through a sampler catalog and saw the example of this in the pages. I imagined her heart skipping a beat and a grin coming to her face as she thought... "this is the one... little green butterflies..." Then I thought about how thankful I was that it was only one coat of wallpaper and how awesome it was that it came off in full sheets... NO SCRAPPING!! And another thing to be thankful for... it was only on two walls. The whole process took about two hours, including clean up!


The walls are prepped and almost ready for paint. A little sanding first, then some primer. But I promise, I am going to work on beads today. No, really, I am... all torch all day long. Seriously, I haven't even settled on a kitchen color yet.

4 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Kerry, I don't know where you get the energy from! I get tired just reading all you do in your blog everyday! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerry
I agree with rosebud101...you wear me out! And I don't need to feel any more tired than a Mom with a newborn does...:-) I can't wait to see the progress in your kitchen. And to see the new beads!

Donna Brobeck said...

Kerry,
I feel your pain, Procrasination is a bummer and it's with me always. I will be checking in on the remodel, good luck.

Kim said...

My dad used to day that I could be the worlds best procrastinator if I'd just quit putting it off....so, yeah I know what you mean! And I would have to agree, getting rid of the green butterflies would have been a priority for me too!