Wednesday, October 29, 2008

9... Strength In Numbers


"Strength In Numbers" ~ It took until after midnight last night, but I got this one done! Something is off with the timing on my kiln, or something is off with me. I keep thinking the kiln will be done cooling around a certain time, but it is taking hours longer then I think. Which isn't a bad thing. The slower the beads cool the better. But when I gotta clean them and wire them... I want them sooner rather than later. But I digress... this new design is AWESOME! Last week when Michele left a comment on my "The Impossible Party Guest" post, she said she might like a "lighter" version of the design. That thought stuck with me. Lighter... lighter... lighter... how could I do it lighter? AHA, SMALLER!! I made dozens of teeny tiny little beads. I am talking small. These are just about the size of a pea. There are 45 in total linked into a half and half design that ends up looking like a double strand. This photo does nothing for it. I'll post a photo tomorrow of what it looks like on... because that is when it looks BEST!


"Snagged" ~ Yep, a new Snagged design. I had this idea pop in my head a few days ago when I was sifting through "bad beads" on my desk. Remember THIS project? Well, I saw those beads again and I thought "what if I try to put a big hole in the side of a disc?" Well, here is the answer to that question. I like the new toggle bar style too and what is it about me and transparent ink with turquoise. I can't stop making stuff with those colors.


"Love Spunky" bracelet ~ I don't know what to call this style of bracelet. I just like mixing up loose beads in freeform way. So there ya go.

Speaking of mixing things up... my routine is all outta sorts today. I need to get on the torch NOW, or I won't be able to at all.

4 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

I love them all. Nice work K- really nice!!
I love the design with the toggle at the front. That is super!

Holly said...

OMG that necklace is PHENOMINAL! I love love love it.

rosebud101 said...

I love your jewelry! It's full of energy!

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Girl! You make my head spin!