Monday, September 08, 2008

Strike That, Reverse It

After the Bead Box Update the other day, I headed down to the studio to make some more beads. And this is what I was confronted with...


Apparently, putting a shiny metallic work surface directly under a bright sunny window was not a good idea. Sure, it would be a great place for a cat to take a nap, or a good spot to work on my total lack of a tan. But bead making... not gonna happen with that in my eyes. Would you believe, my torch is actually in that picture? Can you see it? I barely can. And that is what happened when I tried to make beads. The sun reflected and the torch disappeared into the glare.

So, rather than make beads for three hours on my quiet Friday afternoon, I had to over haul the studio... again.



Basically the desks had to switch places. And I think it was for the best. With the torch station where it is now, we can take out the window under the deck, replace it with plywood and more easily vent the exhaust hood when it goes in. It will also mean that we won't have to drill holes in the side of the house to put the propane outside either. Much safer all around. Just a total time sink when I was hoping to get to play with my glass.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember doing an outdoor demo, in the sun, was totally unprepared for the disappearing flame thing.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Oh Kerry! So sorry you didn't get to play. But you will love it when it's all in place.

Anonymous said...

looks good! that red plastic jetson chair is so cool! hope this plan works out for you. lisa d., oregon