Monday, May 12, 2008

Fine Twine-ing

Holiday weekends are so insane. There is always so much planned that before you know it, its Monday morning and you're totally exhausted. Between our anniversary (10years!!) on Friday, Mother's Day duties with our Moms on Saturday, and our own day together yesterday... I am already in need of a nap!

I wanted to give a big 'ole HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY shout out to y'all!! I hope each of you got to be a little pampered on Mom's Day. For the first time in 11 years, I had my Mother's Day wish come true!! I have been begging and pleading with Ron to have a year at home, with no one but the 5 of us. I asked that he help the kids make me feel special/loved/appreciated. No gifts necessary!!

It was a wonderful day!! Just what I always wanted. The kids made me cards, I got to have crepes for breakfast (my favorite), I was given bead making time (see fantastic new necklace above), we cooked burgers on the grill, played boccie in the backyard, had a crippling game of Monopoly, I was wined and dined with chicken in a lemon caper sauce, I snuck in a hot bath, and finished off the night with some yummy Hot Fudge Sundae Cake. If there is a better day I could come up with, I don't know what it would be. SO THANKS Ron, Jacob, Andrew and Lauren for making me feel so special!!

Okay, now to the jewelry of the day. I have had something like this in my sketchbook for a while now. I wanted to mix hollows and rounds, but then rounds next to hollows don't really work because the hollows are so big. I fixed that! I made chunky rounds (black spotted ones) the size of the hollows! I had an AH HA moment when I decided to add the twisted wire knot beads. You might remember I have made these in pieces of the past... look at Industrial. I wanted to conserve sterling and thought.... DUH, use the colored wire!!

I think it is just too too cool. It is heavy and substantial. It is bold and lively. It says "LOOK AT ME!!" But then it is sophisticated too. I am totally in love with it. I am calling it "Fine Twine-ing", kinda like Fine Dining. Can you imagine this with a crisp black suit that has a bright turquoise camisole underneath? Or that perfect necklace for that perfect little black dress? But oh, it would ROCK jeans and a white tee shirt too. Can you see why I am in love?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your work, esp. that you wear the piece so we can see what it looks like and how it lays on the body.

deehebard said...

Kerry...another "to die for necklace"...I love it when you use the hollows..they are so cool! Love the newest creation. I am happy you had a great Mother's Day...you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Kerry
Loved the reference to Industrial....will always be a classic I'll treasure in my collection~! Reminds me of your trip down here. :-)
Cindy